Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Surcoats Down, Pirate Coat Up!

I finished off the surcoats yesterday afternoon, delivered them this morning, so now I've got to collect my sewing nerve and tackle that Simplicity 4923 jacket. The reviews on it are widely varied; everything from 'I enjoyed making the outfit, and even though the coat took time and effort, I was pleased with the results, my husband has fun wearing it, and we get lots of compliments.' to 'This is absolutey the WORST pattern I've EVER worked with.'. So I'm going to proceed slowly and with great caution!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you with the coat, but I've only made the pants and shirt (great shirt!) from this pattern.
    I will say that many of the details are very true to the pattern shapes of the time. So there are quite a few things that are odd to our modern sewing eye.
    If you keep that in mind it may help.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)