Friday, May 30, 2008

Pirate Progress

Posted by Lisa Laree to Sew Random

I'm plugging along on that coat; once it's done to the buttons I can set it aside and start on the shirts, since DD #2 has an orthodontist appointment Tuesday morning to get her braces off, I think sewing buttons on the coat (it requires 28!) will be my 'sit in the waiting room' activity.

But the front facings are on; the sleeves are made...all I have to do to the shell of the coat is the side seams, side godets, and insert the sleeves. Then it will be ready for the lining.

I'm aiming to have the lining in by tomorrow night.

Arg, mateys!

1 comment:

  1. 28 buttons? No way! If I had to do that, they definitely wouldn't be shank buttons and I'd sew them on with the sewing machine. Wow, Lisa, you have a lot of patience.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)