Posted by Lisa Laree on Sew Random
Yesterday ended up being a 'run around' day; I didn't get much done here on anything. I *did* get a significant hair cut, though, and I'll post a picture as soon as I can. I like it...but it was a bigger change than I expected!
But I'm definitely going to be cutting (or, at the rate I'm going, tracing patterns and cutting) the pirate costumes at church tomorrow and Friday. So much easier when I can push four tables together and have one big surface...
Meantime, I'm progressing slowly on the Purity Blouse. I did a pin-fitting; to my surprise it looks like it's going to work, but I've got to shorten the darts about 1 1/4". This is after I shortened them about 1" when I traced the pattern. Those were really long darts; I can't believe there's too many ladies with that narrow of a space between the bust apexes. 'Nuther one of the 'software drafting' glitches, I suppose. Anyway, I've got some unpickin' and restitchin' to do.
I am, however, making much use of the current issue of Threads. There's a great article by Linda Lee on mitering corners that greatly facilitated the finishing of the tie on the blouse; the mitered corners look much neater than the overlapped folds recommended would look.