Boy, there are a lot of pieces in that Neue Mode pattern! But I finished tracing/preliminary adjustments last night; now I need to decide what I'm going to use to make it. I've thought about just making a throw-away muslin from ugly fabric, and I might do that...or I might alter it slightly and make a Loes Hinse-style jacket from it. The main point is to see how the shoulder/armsceye/sleeve all fits and hangs...if it's good, I'll be morphing that whole assembly onto jackets that have given me problems in that area (like the FSG jacket, which is still awaiting alteration transfer from the muslin to the pattern). I do think it's a nice little jacket...I may go through the stash and see if I have anything that's good enough but not too good to try it. I've not made a Neue Mode pattern before, so I'm not really sure how it fits. According to the flat pattern measurements, it should be good, but since there are no markings for bust point, waistline, full hip, etc, I'm not sure I measured exactly right.
But the main thing that is holding me back is the state of the sewing room; it's gridlock in there. I need to just take a deep breath and go in with the intention of not coming out again until it's clean.
I know... I'll just issue a challenge to DD...see if she can get her room clean before I get the sewing room clean...given the fact that I'll be doing laundry also, she just might make it. Prize at stake: A dark chocolate Hershey bar... ;)