Thursday, November 02, 2023

A bit of whimsy...

 So, the last couple of weeks....

My Sweet Babboo is, as I have mentioned before, part of a historical group that recreates 18th century frontiersmen...it's an extension of the boys' ministry at our church.

And, a couple of weeks ago, this organization had its every-other-year Territorial Rendezvous...a 3-day frontiersman- era campout for all the guys in the Southeast Region.

And it just so happened that this event was at a facility that was about 15 minutes south of where our youngest daughter , AKA The Flute Player, now lives in Florida.

So you know I tagged along, and got dropped off at said daughter's for the weekend whilst hubby shot black powder rifles, bow and arrows, threw tomahawks, etc. in the woods.

After the campout, he picked me up...we took the kids out to dinner (her brother The Actor is now on staff at the same church, so he and his new wife are in the same area, which is convenient; we can see them all at the same place), then we drove up to Holiday Inn's Orange Lake Resort and checked in for the week.  Timeshare points being put to use.

Now, this resort literally backs up to Animal Kingdom at Disney World.   So we spent that week Doing Disney.

And, as it just also so happened, My Sweet Babboo's birthday happened to be Tuesday whilst he was there.  And he wanted to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.  So the kids came up and joined us and we were there from about 5 to midnight.

Now, this is a costumed thing.  And we did it in 2019 when we did the very first family Disney trip.  I managed to put together an Edna Mode costume, whacking up what had been intended as a wearable muslin for a Burda magazine dress,  but didn't get any good pictures then.  But, hey, it's been 4 years, and it's a good costume, and it's just hanging in the closet...so I wore it again.  And this time, I made sure my sweetie took a picture.  He took two, actually, but one was dark and the other was over exposed.  So...going with the dark one.

A couple of days later, I did a meet-and-greet with Edna Mode herself, lol, so you can see if I was close on my costume...


I will likely forever be looking for opportunities to pull that out and wear it, lol.  It's just too fun.

But...whoa, y'all. We were gone nearly two weeks, and jumped into a really busy week when we got home and...my laundry pile is as tall as I am, lol.  I'm gonna have to excavate that mountain before I do any significant sewing again...

5 comments:

  1. You and your costume make a GREAT Edna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is fun to wear it...when appropriate. ;-) I had a higher commitment to the costume than most folks at the party; most of the costumes were either purchased printed things or quick suggestions of characters. It would be fun if there was some way for me to wear it and THEN get the pics with the character, but that doesn't appear to ever be likely.

      Delete
  2. I love your Edna Mode costume! I was Edna a few years ago and now looking for more ways to wear the wig I was Dora the Explorer this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised that I didn't see anyone else dressed as Edna...not this year, and not when we went 4 years ago.

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)