Saturday, October 29, 2022

Start with a Scarf 2022...the April Set...

 Holy moley.  It's nearly November and I'm just now getting the April set up.

Just for the record, I'm going to just carry this into 2023; I just have bits and pieces on some of these sets to do but Christmas production costuming has kicked in and I have  a PROJECT to tackle...more on that later.  But the culottes from this set have just been languishing.  I've got to clear my sewing room for the PROJECT so I just bit the bullet and finally got them finished up tonight.  Which means I can post the set, lol.

Because it's only been nearly 7 months since Janice posed her picks, Here's a Reminder as to what she chose. It's a skirt, with two top options,  a bag, a pair of shoes and a pair of earrings.

Here's my take:

I decided to make culottes instead of a skirt; I don't wear skirts all that often but culottes are fun.  The pattern is McCall's 7131; which looks like a pleated skirt, at least from the front, lol. I made a pair out of black Tencel twill for the 2019 wardrobe and really like them, so I got some blue Tencel twill...in a bit lighter weight...to make another pair for this year.  I just can't believe it took me this long to get to the sewing room.

Most of the wardrobes in the Vivienne Files post had two pullovers tops;  the Hydrangea Scarf choices were two button-up cardigan sweaters.  I really didn't need two more cardigans at this point so I decided to pull two cotton sweater shells from my closet; the white one is from Chico's...I got it on sale last year; the blue one is from Lands' End and it is ANCIENT.  It's getting rather fuzzed and I should replace it but...LE hasn't offered them in a while.  So I'm hanging on to it, lol.  

The bag is the same design as the backpack bag I got for the 2019 set; I really, really liked it and decided to go with a blue one for this year.  I haven't used it yet; it's waiting on a round of waterproofing spray.

The shoes are Allegrias and they are fun!  Allegrias are funky shoes anyway;  they have sueded interiors so they are comfortable to wear without socks.  I think I've gotten comments on them every time I've worn them.

The earrings make me smile.  They came from my grandmother's jewelry stash and every time I wear them I think of her.  She's been gone since 2001 so I guess they could be considered vintage, lol.

I split the year-to-date wardrobe into two slides; garments and accessories.


As I said, I have bits and pieces to do to complete the next sets but I don't want to post them out of order...even though I have been sewing the pieces out of order, lol.  Most of the things are being pulled from the closet, but I have done a bit of purchasing to augment the sewing.  So, while the posting is behind the pace, I have added quite a bit to the wardrobe, so when I get the next gap filled I'll probably be able to do two or three installments pretty quickly.  

 I do want to finish the course but it clearly isn't going to happen anywhere near the one year timeline.  And I have an expansion idea that may extend it a few months.

So, yeah.  But I gotta get through the Christmas costuming next...


3 comments:

  1. it is all looking great. I am impressed with your tenacity and adaptation of Janice's ideas to suit your wardrobe and lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, time flies! I agree with Ruthie, as I'm impressed with your tenacity. Looking forward to when all is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! You've really done some good work...
    hugs,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)