Saturday, August 29, 2020

She's Back...

 And we are very glad.  


It was $1 for parts ((a new upper knife) and $110  for labor, but she's all cleaned, tuned, tweaked and sharp and ready to go.  She's running a little more growly than in the old days, but, hey, she's 30 years old and she's still quieter than the new backup.  And I'm glad I now have a backup sewing machine and a back up serger that I can take to church for sewing days and still have my sewing set up at home.

On another note, I've had to turn off comments on some posts; that really shouldn't matter much because a) I only get about  3 actual comments a month and b) the posts are from the first of the year so they're not likely to get actual comments anyway.  But I've begun to be afflicted with really offensive R-rated comments.  I've got comment moderation turned on, so they're not getting any actual air play, but I have to look at them to moderate and I am not happy.  I finally noticed last week that they seemed to be recurring on the same two or three  12 Month wardrobe posts, so I turned off the comments for those posts.  We'll see if that stops the influx.  I have the comment moderation on, plus the capcha, so someone is working hard to leave yuckky stuff for no good purpose; it's not going to make it to public eyes. But maybe if I throw a leaf on the path the way will be blocked, lol.  We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. I have been putting off getting my serger back in shape. It's an old Elna that needs new knives, a good cleaning and the drop down arm that provides the "finger" is very cranky right now. So you have given me a little some Dutch courage. Thank you.
    I love your stats. I'll think about doing that, unless I forget. BTW, I haven't visited "fiberer" for years. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put mine off way too long; had I been more pro-active, I could have gotten it in to the local guy before he closed his shop instead of driving 75 miles to the big dealer folks. But, My Sweet Babboo actually decided he was up for a drive, so I didn't go by myself. Which was a nice thing, lol.

      And for some folks, blogging is a chore, not a fun thing, so if it's not your deal, don't feel bad. You do you. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry people are leaving nasty comments on your blog. There seem to be lots of nasty people lately, a great sorrow for our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine what the point of doing it is. I imagine it's some poor somebody making a penny or two for posting the links. Craziness.

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)