I have been slowly altering up the Tahoe Pants and I finally got the fronts finished up today. Then I matched them up to see how much I was going to need to reduce the pleats so that it would fit at the waist.
I had already reduced the back pleats...not the overlap bit, but the pleats...from 3" each to 1" each.
But, being wider in the front than in the back, I discovered that I was going to have to eliminate the front pleats entirely and maybe even reduce the overlap.
I had what's known in the South as a 'come to Jesus moment'....face to face with the truth, I couldn't keep going.
And I truly believe that's why it was taking me so long to do those pattern alterations. Deep in my heart, I think I knew that the shape of it wasn't going to flatter the current shape of me.
So, I folded the pattern and put it away, and pulled out the McCall's culottes pattern I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It has a semi-elasticized waist so I think that will buy me some fudge space.
And I'm still going to use the Tencel twill. If/when I get down to a shape that suits the flat-fronted Tahoe pants better, I'll find something drapey and make them up.
After all, they're already altered. ;-)
On top of that, something I meant to post and just hadn't gotten to it...
Early in the month, I started having second thoughts about my choice of fabric for the twinset. Yes, if I looked at the green at the very center of the leaves/birds, it was a close match to the green knit I'd pulled. But the overall effect of the green, which has tan/brown mixed in it, is olive green, not emerald. On a whim, I perused a few fabric sites and spotted something on Emma Onesock's Roll End page that I knew would match. I ordered that piece of fabric and, as she had more available, a bit more so that I had enough for a twinset. Sure enough, when it got here, it matched spot on.
SO...I have about 9 days left in the month and I'm back to square one. But the hubs is going to be out of town next weekend, so I'll likely do a sewing marathon. The only thing that might hold me up is finding buttons for the cardigan. I may look for gold metallic instead of trying to match the green; just depends on what I can find.