Sunday, November 24, 2013

Choir Wardrobe 112413

Burgundy, brown and burnt orange and a photobombing cat.

The dress is Sewing Workshop's OOP Cityscapes dress, in burgundy slinky.

I have three Cityscapes dresses in slinky...black, burgundy and teal green, and I love them for the holidays.  Very, um, forgiving...

The cardi is my new Pamela's Patterns 110 (Drape-front Cool Cardigan) , from brown wool jersey.  That's going to be a serious supporting actor in the fall/winter wardrobe, I do believe.

The scarf...a remnant, finished off with rolled edges on the serger.  But one of the serged ends was pulling loose, and I did a quick mending job on it a week or so ago.  Carefully trimmed away all the frayed ends, applied Fray Check (VERY carefully!) to the edge, let it dry, the hand stitched the rolled edge onto the new, pretty stiff fabric edge.

It looks a little weird up close, but, well, no one looks at it that close.  And I can roll up the scarf so it really doesn't show.

I have never paired that scarf with that dress...but it works.  

The knit skirt just needs the elastic applied to the waist and a hem.  Just couldn't manage to squeeze it in this week. Maybe next week amongst the cooking.

Next week, Christmas colors...Red, black and gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)