Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh. I Put It Away.

I found the missing Vogue 1100 pattern.

It was in the 'to file' basket.  I'd put it where I would've put it had I been done with it.  Imagine that.

So, I dug out the altered pattern pieces and came to the conclusion that the skimpy hem WAS my fault; when I trued up the lengths after doing the FBA I neglected to make the side and back longer than the front. So...that explains the 5/8" hem.

And I wrote up the review and posted it.  So far, I have exactly 1 (one) comment.

I think I've dropped off the Pattern Review radar. Y'know, there are folks who are prolific and are recognized and others take the time to read their reviews.  But I've been so inactive for so long...only occasional reviews or board posts...that I'm basically unknown by the large part of the membership.  So I am not going to get a lot of readers and/or comments.

That's just the way things work.

But...the review is there, and, when/if I make that jacket again, I can go back and remind myself that I need to add an inch and a half to the side and back pattern pieces...and put the long edge of the collar on the jacket.

It may not help anyone else, but it will help me. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)