Wednesday, February 16, 2011

...And Evaporating Guide Sheets

I'm totally not functional enough to sew. I'm trying to get some actual work done from home (that's probably crazy, but the work's gotta get done...), and it's using up all my brain function, I think. So the red silk top is waiting patiently, and I've been tracing another pattern bit by teensy bit.

It's the jacket for Vogue 1100. I got some turquoise wool from Fabric Mart last year to make a jacket...turquoise has turned into a regular color in choir...and I think this is the jacket I've decided on. I waffled a bit between it and a very similar Burda pattern, of which I have no image due to the untimely demise of the English Burda magazine website, but I think I like the swingy back pleat on this better.

So, I'm tracing away and I can't find a pocket piece. Maybe it's there and I just missed it; like I said, I'm not the sharpest needle in the pack right now, so I thought I'd check the guide sheet.

I've got the second sheet, and the French sheet, but the first sheet is nowhere to be found.

And I honestly don't know if I pulled it out to read and then didn't get it back into the envelope or if it wasn't there to begin with.

The second sheet begins with attaching the lining to the jacket, so any info about the pocket (or faux pocket) is on the missing sheet. So I'm gonna have to pretend this is a Marfy pattern and figure it out as I go.

2 comments:

  1. I just looked up Vogue 1100 on Vogue's website and read the pattern description. Those are "mock welt pockets". Since there are no pockets, all you need is a rectangle that will fit between the pattern markings when finished. Hope that helps, and keep resting; everything will fall into place eventually. Still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I went and looked up the reviews on PR and found that it is a 'mock welt', too. So I'll be drafting a pocket to go behind the welt ;).

    Thanks for your prayers! Mono is a very frustrating ailment...

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)