Sunday, August 22, 2010

The 'Instant' Cardigan


When I found out that we were going to wear teal in choir, I ordered some rayon blend knit from Gorgeous Things...which she cut very generously. I made Simplicity 3624, but I had a goodly chunk left, so I cut out the Jalie 965 tank top, with the intention of making a twin set. But, before I could get the cardigan cut out, I chanced across Lori's Blog Post featuring Jalie 2919 and thought, 'Oh, yeah, I have that pattern!' So...bingo!
Traced it Friday morning, cut it out Friday afternoon, and sewed both it and the tank top on Friday evening.

Wore the tank top last night; today I put the cardi with the brown rayon/lycra jersey Jalie 965 tank and straight legged Lees.

I've got one more weekend w/teal for choir...and I have one piece of woven cotton/lycra shirting. We'll see if that gets put together in time to wear it... ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That was easy peasy as well as quick...and that was quite a generous cut that Ann provided you with because you've gotten several great pieces from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann is sweet like that! ;)I got a tank top, a tunic top AND a drapey cardigan out of 3.75 yards...I think I ordered 3...

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)