Saturday, March 29, 2008

Famous Last Words

That'll only take an hour or less, start to finish...

Well, it would've, if I'd've done the simple 'turn and stitch' finish on the neckline and armholes. But, no, I had to get fancy and do bias bindings...

Let's just say that yesterday wasn't one of my brighter, mentally sharp days, ok? I'm still trying to get those bias strips on that silk/lycra charmeuse top.

In all fairness, I had a large chunk of time that was consumed w/trying to find some RTW britches for the younger DKids. I don't know how many discount stores we scouted looking for khaki pants and black dress pants in size 16 for The Actor. Finally found 'em at Target, although we had to go w/dark blue instead of black. By that time, I was happy to find anything. We looked at Goody's, TJ Maxx, Ross...nobody had anything. Just cargo shorts in varying rumpled fabrics and blue jeans.

Sigh. I guess I'd better pull out that Jalie guy's pants pattern and get something worked up for him, just in case he has to wear black pants for some unforseen special occasion.

But first...the bias strips. Then I'll shorten the green tunic. And we're serving at a dinner for church tonight.

At least life is never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)