Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pants, too

I'm ready to set the sleeves in the SWAP jacket, and while I was letting some fray block dry (it's quite ravelly) I decided to get a start on the grey flannel Oxford pants that were also cut and ready to go....

I actually washed the flannel (worsted wool) before cutting, kind of along the lines of 'If it's going to be ruined by the washer, I'd rather know now.' I don't intend to wash the finished product, but sometimes laundry boo-boos happen. It kind of fuzzed up and got a little spongy. I wasn't really thrilled with the result but decided I could live with it.

But I discovered that by vigorous ironing, the fuzziness got smoothed out and its nice drape returned.

I'm pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)