Sunday, July 30, 2017

Choir Wardrobe 7.30.17

The last of the turquoise for this year...I think.

We still haven't heard what August colors will be....

But, this is all repeated.   The Jalie 2682 top that finally made it off of the WIP list back in June,  Sewing Workshop Helix pants and Pamela's Patterns Drapey Cool Cardi.

I actually finished a top yesterday; back in 2014 I went to the Sewing Expo the one and only time it was in Indianapolis and came home with three pieces of silk for tops...one was turquoise.  Or so I thought.

I made up the New Look shell that I've become enamored of in this lovely jacquard charmeuse...and then put it up against my other turquoise garments only to discover that it really isn't turquoise; it's more of a muted jade green or teal.

I wanted to wear it today, but, well, it just wasn't the right color.

But at least I have another pretty top in my closet!  I'll try to get a photo soon.

Posting may be very sparse for the next few weeks; we've got some stuff going on (nothing bad, just, well, when it rains, it pours; I'll post about it later), I won't be in the choir for nearly a month.  But don't fret...I'm not going anywhere.  Just gotta spend time elsewhere for a little bit. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it through the whole month- I recall you seemed concerned about the color choice for July. Praying for your other activists in August and look forward to your resuming the regular programming. Just a thought on the colors of the month... you have commented on a few things that the color looked right until you put it next to something else... since I think you normally sport an outer layer, perhaps you can take some pressure off yourself since the small column of color that shows won't be right next to anyone else... that break between colors provides s barrier and allows the color to read correctly from a distance. Easy for me to say since I am not the one attempting to blend in and colors on my phone aren't accurate. I always look forward to your posts, so a continuing thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true and I've done that, but the New Look top has cut-on cap sleeves that don't always play nice with a topper; the shoulders on the jacket can push the shoulders on the top in and I get a gappy neckline. And I might have worn the top anyway, there's been a pretty free interpretation of 'turquoise', but I was literally at church all day yesterday, ending with a dinner event in the evening, and I didn't want to wear the silk top all day and risk spoiling it the first time out. Because I am gifted that way...lol...

      Delete
  2. Gifted... great word choice! I should develop an adult bib pattern- oh wait- that's what scarves are for! And only patterned ones too.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)