Wednesday, May 21, 2014

We have a dress...

The lining still needs a hem, but it's gonna work.

I'm not crazy about it, but she likes it better than any that she tried on in the malls ...'It's swishy!'

I will readily admit that it looks much better in motion than it looks in a flash photograph.

I never dreamed that fabric would be such a beast to sew.  The bias has hung out a bit unevenly on the skirts; I just whacked the lining back so that it won't show, but I don't think I'll worry about the dress itself.

It's no worse than the RTW we looked at.  Really.

At least she has a dress to wear Friday.   I think a perfect dress would have a midriff band under the bodice, to move the fullness of the skirt down a bit. Maybe for the church events...we'll worry about the other occasions after we get past this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)