Monday, April 08, 2013

The ECC Dress

I have pretty much finished the poppy costumes; there is talk of putting some black sequins on the leotards, but it hasn't come in yet so I don't know if that will happen.

So I grabbed The Flute Player's ECC (Emerald City Citizen) dress for, um, funkification.

I wish I had some photos of some of the truly amazing ECC outfits, but the dress that she picked is very plain jane:

You can't tell from the photo, but that's rayon velvet.  It swooshes and drapes and she really likes it, but it is just NOT up to the ECC standards.  So I brought it home tonight to serge the raw edge on the bottom and  unpick that so-twee lace around the neck (WHY do folks use the TINIEST STITCH LENGTH AVAILABLE???).  I have a couple of ideas of what I can do with it, but basically I've got from 6  - 10 tomorrow night to do it as Wednesday is the first dress rehearsal.  She has a pretty cool hat that has some fabric rosettes on it; I'm thinking I'm going to make some more (assuming I can find the fabric they used) and use them on the sleeves and possibly on the skirt.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)