Friday, May 18, 2012

Slipped up on SWAP

Oh, last fall I really thought I could participate in the SWAP contest at Stitcher's Guild.  I made an excel spreadsheet with a rough outline of what I'd need...and that's as far as I got.  I mean, so far this year I've managed to make myself exactly, what,  3 garments?  And I just saw today, when I finally made it over to the SG site after all our internet connection problems, that the voting is even over and the winners announced.

Lovely collections, all, and I'm delighted that there were a number of ladies that participated this year.  SWAP is alive and well, which is a very good thing.

But I *really* do need to sew a collection for myself.  I need to get some more go-to patterns developed...I particularly need a jeans pattern...and so many of my wardrobe staples are beginning to really show some age.

But...ain't it always the case...there is just more to do than I have time in which to do it.  The lack of sewing is not the only place where this is manifesting itself.  Even if we hadn't had the electronic issues that we've been dealing with, my blogging...on both blogs...as ground to a crawl.  I'm doing good to post an occasional status on Facebook...and we won't talk about the appearance of my house. 

But I have great job security, as more and more things come to light that need to be addressed with the data base.  The children's ministry has costumes for the summer,  and the Girls Ministry classes are going forward.  Things are being accomplished.  Just not stuff that I can see when I look around me.

So, back to the SWAP...or, at least, making a plan and sewing it...that's something I need to, somehow, move up the priority list.

Shoot, getting in the sewing room, period, needs to move up the priority list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)