Sunday, May 20, 2012

Choir Wardrobe 0520

May's colors being gray, navy, and hot pink, I teamed up my Coldwater Creek knit boot cut jeans with  the Jalie 2919 cardigan, an oblong of  pink poly chiffon that has been run through the rolled hem foot and the hot-off-the-press and not yet reviewed  Jalie 2566 cap sleeve T, which is woefully unseen under the cardi and the scarf.
So I had My Sweet Baboo take a photo of just the T, and for some reason (maybe the dark t shirt read as just 'dark'), the flash went off and, well, the top really isn't as translucent as the flash makes it look; the Lycra content makes it just a bit reflective, especially when stretched any at all.  But, as to the pattern, that's a combination of a couple of views shown, just mixing up the neckline and the sleeve, and I do believe it's going to be a TNT.  Love that the neck is not a jewel and not overly scooped; love that the top is long enough I didn't feel like I had to tug it down all day.  And, of course, love that it took less than an hour to make.  Yes, DEFINITELY added to the TNT options.

On another note, just after third service today I popped into our childrens' area and snapped a photo of the set for the summer theme.  Our children's ministry team cut out and fused the emblems to the banners on the 'turrets'; they more closely resembled the plain ones hanging from the rafters when we handed them off.  I was amazed that they intend to cut out and fuse a bunch more of those emblems on other banners...they're not using some fancy die cut process; those are traced from a template onto paper-backed web, hand cut out and then fused.

I was really impressed, not only by how good it looks, but by the fact that they were willing to do that part themselves.  That's just the kinda folks we work with. ;-).  More banners will be going up as the week progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)