Thursday, March 13, 2008

Poured Out

I didn't manage to get to the sewing machine yesterday, so I thought I'd post on someone else's artistic creativity.

When we have our monthly worship-and-intercession services at church, there's usually a few people off to the side of the podium doing artwork as they are inspired by the service. This month, the artists included three of the HMC girls who did some paintings; they all have mission trip finances to raise, so the paintings were offered for sale as fundraisers after the service. All the paintings have been really interesting (most of the pieces done this month involved swirls and/or ripples...with no collaboration or theme mentioned!) but this one talked to me:



It's titled 'Poured Out'...but I could also see a pitcher that had just been dunked in the water being lifted away. To my surprise, no one bought it immediately, and after some discussion, My Sweet Baboo and I decided we'd help the young lady towards her mission trip and purchase the painting.

I'm not sure where we're going to hang it yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)