Monday, September 03, 2007
Green Jacket Shell
It still needs the hems catch-stitched up and thorough pressing, but it's done! Very interesting fabric...I got it from the upholstery fabric remnant table at Hancock's and it already had some sort of icky black interfacing on it. It's very light weight, but quite stiff and lofty. What looks like puckery wrinkles on the sleeve cap really aren't...there are no puckers; it's just the stiffness of the fabric not draping well; I hope between a good pressing and addition of shoulder pads that will go away. The interfacing is sticky, so beyond basic fit I can't tell much about how it will hang on my body until I get the lining in.
But I've got a Bible costume to sew up first, then the lining. ;)