HMC Costuming: Made so far...12 complete costumes, plus the two for my own kids. I have two more in progress at the moment...they need back seam, hems and closure. There are 8 more cut out, and I still have to get fabric from at least 7 or 8 more students.
Lots of work still to do.
But last night I cut out a twinset from some cotton rib knit I got from Nancy Erikson just before we began the whole moving thing; it's been languishing in the stash for more than two years. I just had an urge to have some quick project ready to go, to slip in between the costumes when I'm changing thread. I've got another sweater coat more-or-less ready to cut from a piece of Emma One Sock linen sweater knit, also from about two years ago. Having something to do fairly quickly as a break from the big stuff will keep me from feeling totally frustrated in my own sewing progress...I hope... and both of those will be relatively quick; at least compared to the pink jacket that's in the queue and the muslin of the FSG jacket that is on the 'cut it out' list. Muslins are fast, but they don't give (me, anyway) much of a feeling of accomplishment when they're done. Just a green light to really start....
Ah, too much fabric, too little time... ;)
Have a great sewing weekend!