Saturday, February 18, 2006

Smoothing the bumps

I finished hemming the Oxfords last night while watching ice dancing, snowboarding and slalom. They're still snug, but I think I can wear them. I was afraid the wool flannel would be itchy; it really isn't as bad as I thought. I have some Ambiance pantsliners that I made from Nancy Erikson's FSG pants pattern that have been hiding in my lingerie drawer, waiting on me to make the plum wool that I got from her at the same time into pants (another Future Project). I decided to try the Oxfords on with the liners; more of a laundry consideration than anything else at this point, since they weren't as irritiating as I expected. But...the lining sort of smoothed over places where the flannel was getting hung up and, to my surprise, they didn't look *quite* as snug, even with the extra layer underneath!

However, the elastic in the liners was completely shot, which really surprised me as they couldn't be more than 3 years old and I'd never worn them. It must've been old elastic to begin with. Anyway, I unpicked the elastic last night and will put some more on first chance I get. With good elastic and a good pressing, I think the liners will let me wear the pants just a little quicker than I would've otherwise... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)