Sunday, August 23, 2015

Choir Wardrobe 8/23/15

Back again after a quick trip last weekend to Indiana to visit our parents and celebrate our 35th anniversary with a side overnight trip to Turkey Run State Park...one of my favorite places on the planet.

We got back Wednesday night, and I had a grueling 3 1/2 hours in a dentist's chair the next morning to put a car in my mouth...er, prep 6 teeth for crowns.  I now have a six-tooth temporary crown in place for the next 10 days whilst the permanents are being made; I've joked that it's a Barney tooth....totally non functional but keeping me presentable.  I'm being Very Careful as to what I eat...

So, no sewing to speak of has gotten accomplished in the last two weeks, which is ok as there is plenty of gray, black and coral in the closet.

This week it's a gray rayon jersey Sewing Workshop Ann's Cardigan, which is really way too big in the shoulders and more than a little aggravating but definitely worth tweaking and making again, over an ancient coral rayon jersey Vogue 2925 shell top , which is over a charcoal gray Jalie 965 tank.

And, since we were headed south on the Pennyrile Parkway and therefore going right by the Vanity Fair/Lee Outlet in Hanson, KY, we stopped for a little wardrobe refreshing and I found a pair of really black jeans to replace the ones that have faded to dark gray.  We'll see how long I can keep these black. ;-)

I did a bunch of cutting out in July; going to try to get some of those projects sewn up in the next couple of weeks.

Crossing my fingers...the women's conference is just around the corner; I may be busier at work than I'm expecting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)