Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Lavender Herb top!

The final selection was Cutting Line Designs'  My Heart's Aflutter shell top.  It's one I've been wanting to try out for quite some time and I knew it would be wearable, since I've sewn with CLD patterns before I had an idea how it would fit.

I don't  have a photo of it actually on me yet, but I can report that it's not bad.  It does need a bit of tweaking to be dead perfect, but I can wear it under a top layer for the choir this month and it will be just fine.

Mostly, I need to petite the armhole about 1/2"...which would not ordinarily be a problem, but there's that dart in the armhole.  Which points just a wee bit high for me.

I might need a slight FBA, but it could also be that once I have the darts pointing right the fullness will drop down into the right place and I won't need one.

I made a M+, and swung out to the L for the hipline band.   I don't think I need to do that in the front; the fabric just kind of hangs straight down from the full bust, which, while very comfy, is not terribly flattering.  I'm thinking I could move the front back to an M+ and that will help a little with that extra fullness.

So basically all I have to do is figure out how to shorten the armhole without messing up the dart.  And make another one pretty quickly so I've got it down pat.  Then I can crank out about a dozen.

:-)


2 comments: