Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Off and On

My inner perfectionist took over for a bit last night and the collar and band came off the coat.  I trimmed as much off the ends as I could w/o messing with the actual collar, and cut a bias strip of hymo and painstakingly whipped it down to the already graded  collar/band seam allowance, then I put the collar assembly back on the coat.

It went in MUCH smoother, and the collar band stands up nicely.

So all I have to do now is catchstitch the inner band/facing seam to the outer band/coat seam and I'll be back to where I was when I got home from work last night.

Maybe I'll get the sleeves in tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you decided to do what needed to be done. I'm sure you'll be much happier with it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to get myself worked 'round to accepting the inevitable... lol. I reminded myself of taking off the collar for the turquoise jacket a couple of years ago...and told myself if I could do that, I could do this... ;-)

      Delete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)