I did have hopes of finishing the trench coat this week....
Um, for those keeping score, My Sweet Baboo did take his Hunting Frock to the big camp out this weekend, but, in his own words, it's wearable...but not finished...
Anyway. This is the week after Easter. I am the church data base admin. The sum of those two facts translates to...not much time for sewing.
Plus, the drama magnet spring play (Noises Off...hysTERical!) was this weekend. The Flute Player was not on stage...she was in charge of props...but, being good theater parents, we went to Opening Night on Thursday...and today there was a fundraising dinner before the show. Since I was there, and I had to hang around to take her home anyway, I volunteered to help with concessions.
Anyway, what that meant was that I stuffed the trench coat into a tote bag and took it with me last night and tonight, to work on while I waited for the show to end so we could go home.
I got the hem in and the sleeve lining sewed down. And I had a bit of extra time, so I redid one of the epaulette carriers. And I was greatly encouraged by the folks who noticed what I was doing and had very nice things to say about the coat.
I've got a wee bit more hand work I could do...I could sew down the epaulette buttons and the pocket flap buttons; I could sew the belt carriers on and I could sew the belt onto the slider buckle.
But the next major step is to topstitch the front edges and sew in the button holes.
Once that's done,sewing on the buttons will be the only additional thing.
I'm beginning to think about the next project...and I'm gonna stick to the SWAP plan, although I'm not going to get ANYTHING done by the deadline except (hopefully) the trench coat.
I really, really need a button up white shirt . That may be next...