Monday, July 09, 2012

PJ's for for the Flute Player

So, church youth camp is coming up next week and The Flute Player did not have suitable PJ's.  I got the note-printed knit from one of Ann's significant sales, and used my modified Loes Hinse City Dress pattern for the top and the good' ol' Burda No-Side-Seam pants for the britches and...happy musical daughter.  The only fly in the ointment was that she has grown more than I realized and the pants are very nearly too snug.

But they'll do.

Incidentally, I cut out a second pair of the Burda pants in my size; PJ bottoms for me, from what was left of the note fabric too.  Working on a fuschia tank top for the top...literally made from go with 'em.  I'm going to camp next week, too, although it's not the same one.

I put different colored ribbons in the backs of the pants so we can not only tell the front from the back easily, but tell whose is whose...


  1. Love your fabric! I hope you both have fun at your respective camps next week.

  2. I have a thing about music inspired paraphernalia since I play the piano and saxophone but I have never seen musical fabric like this.

    1. I know, Janine! It immediately yelled 'PJ pants!' at me through my browser window the first time I saw it... ;-)

  3. Returning from camp, I can attest that that note fabric made wonderfully comfy pj pants! ;-)