Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time for a Break

The Jeans Jacket has been a sore test of patience. The fabric is a quite thick and sturdy denim, and it is really right at the edges of the capability of my machine. I've taken out at least a bit of the topstitching somewhere on each topstitched piece, I believe...some two or three times...because of wobbles or thread nests or other issues.

I've finally gotten to the sleeves; got one in nicely, serged the seam and pressed it well, then put the other in.

And was quite dismayed to see how the sleeve seams related to the back yoke.


At least I didn't topstitch that first sleeve or trim the seam allowance when I serged it.

But I think it's time for a break and a couple of quick knit projects. My sewing nerves need to unknot a bit before I go back to the jacket....

2 comments:

  1. what a bummer about those seams because you are doing such a nice job of your jacket. I think you are a lovely mother to make all those dresses. I hope you are over your Glandular fever now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janine! Is 'Glandular Fever' Aussie-speak for Mononucleosis? I'd never heard that term...Anyway, yes, I'm feeling much better. I can still push myself to exhaustion easier than I'd like to admit, but by and large I feel pretty good. Now it's just a matter of building my stamina back up again. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)