Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lovin' that Simplicity Top...

So, after I cut out the Flute Player's new dress, I had roughly 7/8 of a yard left.

And I still had the Simplicity 2603 pattern sitting out.

So I quickly cut out one of what was left and stitched it up pronto.


And, guess what... it is a close enough match to the salmony Jalie 2919 (scroll down a bit) cardigan that I made for choir last month that I could wear them both to work today.




I'm tellin' you what, that's a great little top pattern... short on yardage needed, quick to make up, and it covers a multitude of sins... ;)

BTW, that's vintage mid-80's jewelry going on there...a painted balsa wood necklace and plastic door knocker earrings! Fun!

4 comments:

  1. You look great in this outfit! Very nice use of a remnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great top! I love the vibrant colors and they work so well with your coloring. I need to dig out that pattern and check out the top, I know I have it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks so amazing together!!! And the jewelry works perfectly!!! You're so posh!!!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this outfit! The top and cardigan go together like it was meant to be, and they look fabulous on you! And 80's jewelry- Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)