Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Stripe SIH

I decided that, since it *had* been a year in progress, that I'd wear the StarsINHeaven tunic today.

Sorry for the pitiful bathroom-mirror self-portrait, but, well, ya do what ya gotta do.

I bought the linen at Textile Fabrics Annual Big Sale last July (as in, 2009). I love the colors in it, but the stripes run crosswise. Interesting. I cut the 'upper sleeve' on the cross grain, so that there's some variation happening. I've got stripes on running crosswise, lengthwise and diagonally...whew! ;)

It's gonna wrinkle like crazy, and it doesn't drape at all, but for all that it's a very comfy summer-feeling top.

Which is good, because even though we're officially past Labor Day, it's still gonna be 90 something degrees Fahrenheit today...

2 comments:

  1. I like it - the stripes and the various ways they are running just adds a nice textural interest to the top. It will be perfect for those still warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the stripes vertical on the sleeve and horizontal on the bodice. The weather is still hot and muggy and the lightweight shirt will feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)