Saturday, September 29, 2018

I think I found it...

The scarf for the 2019 Wardrobe challenge: Using a scarf for the color choices, add one complete outfit per month to the wardrobe.  Janice over at Vivienne Files has been doing this challenge theoretically (she finds stuff online that would work as an exercise, using six different scarves and building six different potential wardrobes each year) since Jan 2016; here's the First Post she did on it; she calls it '12 Months, 12 Outfits Capsule Wardrobe'.

I've been looking for scarves all month; had several in a wish list at Nordstrom's that I'm watching and finally decided to order one as a very likely candidate for the basis of this experiment.

It's a bit...just a little bit...over my price range, even at 40% off at Nordstrom's, but I took a deep breath and ordered it just the same:

(Scarf: Ted Baker London Highgrove)

I think it has a combination of colors that I can work with; black and grey and white, for sure, for the neutrals, and various shades of pink/red and blue/turquoise and light green for accents.

I may find one I like better between now and Jan 1, but this was a beauty and I decided to go for it.

Especially as one of the other scarves I was watching sold out already (not the fox scarf; I'm still watching that one and might get it, too, if it goes on sale).

I'm actually kinda excited about this adventure.  Haven't done anything like this before; I hope I can pull it off. LOL.

Anyone else looking for a scarf?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)