Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Inspired by...part 2...

So here's the new top, after a day of work.  Something that didn't occur to me when I drafted the facings...the neckline is meant to have a small neckband.  I should have taken that into account and actually raised the neckline about 3/4" all around, THEN drafted the facings.  That's probably a major reason why the top feels a little big.

And, to be honest, it's a little longer on me than the original inspiration top (see yesterday's post.).  But any shorter and it would fail the 'Praise Check' so I'm ok with it being a little long.  That means I don't have to wear a safety cami under it.  And not wearing extra layers is a good thing under stage lights.

The knit this is made of is perfectly yummy...very, very soft and  comfy.  I've got another yard-ish left.  Might could get a more fitted cap-sleeve t out of it.  Maybe.  Or maybe I'll just use it for trim and accents on things.  Stripes are good for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)