Sunday, October 01, 2017

Choir Wardrobe 10.1.17

 Good grief.  It's October, y'all!!!

All potential photographers were occupied today, so this is another one of those 'set the timer and jump into the picture' photos.

October colors are burnt orange, tan and brown.  My orange Jalie 965 tank may not be quite done enough, but under a RTW gupier lace topper it's toned down enough that its ok.

I wanted to pull out a longer cardi, but apparently my brown wool jersey cardi was packed away back in the spring and, as temps are still well into the 80's, I haven't switched the seasonal wardrobes yet  So it's the Jalie 2566 cardi that fit way better 15 pounds ago.  RTW brown jeans.

I've succumbed to a couple of fabric sales but the packages arrived while we were out of town last week and I haven't got them officially added to the stash yet.

In other news, I've spent some time reliving the past just a bit this week.
Our church is moving...we've purchased a decommissioned high school and the time to begin the shift of stuff has arrived.  We're starting with the storage areas...which means costumes.  I was involved just a bit last week in the initial haul-down-from-the-attic and the early bit of sorting/culling (I think we actually got rid of some stuff that we had because folks thought they could bring their closet-purged goods down for costumes...) but, well, the volunteer work night was after we hit the road so I'm not entirely sure what's in the bags/boxes.  And I don't know what we're going to be doing with it over at the new building.  I think they have a room designated for costume storage...we'll see.
But it was a trip down memory lane looking at all the garments created for past....long past...productions.

But there's a 750 seat theater in the school.  I think the arts ministry is about to experience a revival. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)