Monday, April 20, 2015

Choir Wardrobe 4/19/15

I'm cutting myself a little slack; it wasn't just Sunday...it was also The Artist's birthday.  So we had a very busy day.

April colors are deep turquoise, coral, yellow and gray. I'd worn nearly all my acceptable wardrobe on Easter weekend.  So I pulled out the 'I only wear it if I have to' yellow fuzzy knit Simplicity 2603 top and put it with the gray rayon jersey Sewing Workshop Ann's Cardigan, after I mended the teeny hole in the shoulder that was beginning to get bigger.  Such nice fabric...and it had holes.  I thought I had managed to lay the pattern out around them, but one landed just outside of the seam allowance on the shoulder.  The darning job is  not as good as my grandmother would've done, but it looks better than the hole.

The jeans looked darker...and therefore dressier...in the mirror.  I think the lighting washed them out a bit.


Good darkwash jeans are so hard to find.  I should just bite the bullet and get a jeans pattern tweaked and make my own.... ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I made one pair of jeans, then lost weight and they don't fit. I've seen tons of the Named patterns Jamie jeans and they looks great I. The blog reviews. I thinking of trying those. Once perfected just imagine how awesome it would be. Finding time for the perfecting phase is my problem.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, there's the rub. For who would wear ill-fitting jeans and be subject to the whims of fashion when she herself could snazzy jeans make, but for the time involved in fitting and tweaking the pattern? :-) I've got the Jalie jeans pattern; I think I even traced it off a while back, but it's waiting for the elusive resource of time...

      Delete
  2. I have overdyed jeans with navy machine dye (Dylon do one called jeans blue) to get a darker wash effect. It worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about trying that...especially with my black jeans. Just haven't had the chance yet.

      Delete
  3. Nice to hear that overdoing for jeans worked since I too would like to get some darker washes on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)