Thursday, May 01, 2014

So Much for Good Intentions

I made myself a solemn promise that I would not buy any new fabric until the trench coat was done.

Finished sewing yesterday and I was tempted to flip through fabric sites, but, well, I'm going to the Sewing Expo in Indy at the end of the month, so I thought I'd just save my fabric dollars for that.

But at lunch today the internet went down at work.

You can't do  much work if the database is in the cloud and the server is down.

So I decided to spend some of the comp time I racked up during the data migration and take the afternoon off.

And my route home takes me right past Hancock's.

You know what happened next.

I thought I'd just pop in and see if they had any fabric suitable for a white shirt.  I have some, but it's really pretty nice (and pricey) stuff, and I'd like to have a TNT to use it on rather than an untried pattern.

Didn't find any suitable white fabric (does anyone make white shirting that you can't see through any more?), but I did find some stuff that was on my wish list...

They had a flat fold table of miscellaneous knits; I've been wishing I had some black and white knits for cap-sleeve t's to wear this summer; that fills a gap in the wardrobe.  And, lo and behold, stripe knits!  (the triple stripe is actually dark navy blue).   The knit feels very nice, but there's no telling what's in it besides a hefty dollop of Lycra.   I grabbed those two and then hightailed it away from that table before I came up with a pile of knits...

 The chambray is just about the perfect weight/color for the denim shirt I intended to put in the SWAP collection.  It got bumped by the black denim jacket, but I still need a good denim shirt.  The sale price didn't strike me as being a real bargain, but since I've been hunting for it for a while I splurged.

And I checked the pattern books to make sure I was getting enough fabric (you know the trick...find a similar style and use that  yardage) and, oh, goody goody, Burda patterns were on sale.  So I got the pattern I used for my sample yardage, and then I spotted that jacket/dress combo and fell in love with that jacket.  So that came home, too.

At least all these things should be quick to sew...and, believe me, I am READY for some quick sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)