Which means all my photo files are in limbo land at the moment. So I'm not going to be able to post any photos until we get the old XP tower switched out for the Windows 7 machine that has been sitting in the middle of the room waiting on 1) all the files to be backed up to the external drive and 2) My Sweet Babboo to have a few hours to block out to switch wires and install the software. I'm hoping he can get to it in what remains of the weekend, but, well, you know how these things go.
So, now that I think (I HOPE) I've got all my stuff on the external drive, I'm free to do other things...like laundry and sewing on the trench coat. I've been doing it in an extremely unorthodox sewing order, but I'm trying to get as much done as I can before I pull out the old Kenmore so that I can use its button hole cams to make keyhole buttonholes. I've got to do them in the pocket flaps, the sleeve tabs and the shoulder tabs. Then I've got to put the coat together before I can add the rest of the button holes. I don't want to haul the machine out, put it up, then haul it out again, so once I set it up it's going to stay up until I get all the buttonholes made.
So, as of right now, all the little bits are done to the button holes. The front and back shields are made; not 100% sure I'll use them but they're done. The back has the darts in, the pleat sewn up, basted up and hand basted flat. The rain fly has been lined and attached to the shoulders. I've thread traced the stitching lines on the darts on the front where the pockets will go. The front and back facings are sewn together.
I'm starting on the lining.
I probably should take some photos of it while it's in progress, just for documentation purposes. But I'm not going to be able to post any photos (including the Choir Wardrobe...:-( ) until we're on the other side of the switcheroo.
Whee. Here we go...