Saturday, July 07, 2012

Adri jacket done


Twelve teeny mitered corners later, and I have a jacket.  Actually, it's more of an overshirt than a jacket, but for summer choir wear it'll be just about perfect.  Once I decide I can live with the inevitable linen creases. ;-).

I finally decided to skip the bias binding on the neckline; if I'd had the time and the inclination I could've made some samples and figured out a way to miter a binding-meets-hem corner, but the linen was stable and pressed very nicely so I decided to just turn the seam under and go.  Here's a detail shot of the collar/neckline/mitered corners; you can click to make it big enough to actually see.

This will probably show up in tomorrow's choir wardrobe post.

9 comments:

  1. 12 mitres! wow, you deserve congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty, Lisa. Miters are so time consuming, your solution works just fine from where I sit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I took many breaks! An exercise in patience, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new jacket is so pretty - the colour is lovely. The collar looks really interesting - would it be possible to see a picture of the pattern envelope too. I am sure you will get many comments in choir - you won`t be in middle of group like last week for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link to the pattern on Vogue's website:

      Vogue 1055

      it's been recently discontinued, so I don't know how long that link will work, though...

      And, yeah, at least this is the right color ;-)

      Delete
  5. Your miters look terrific. It's summer - jacket creases look summer casual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kind of project is where my best sewing friend, the washable glue stick comes in handy. I love this jacket, and am happy that I have the pattern. I hope mine is the larger sizes as well, but I still doubt that you'd be an 18--that's my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, menopause has messed up my middle, so, yeah, my waist size is an 18... :-(

      Delete
    2. Actually, I thought about using some temporary adhesives, like a glue stick or steam-a-seam, but the linen creased so nicely that I really didn't need them...

      Delete