Saturday, December 19, 2009

So Bummed.

I finally got my gorgeous ruby red silk charmeuse on the cutting table. I had 4.25 yards; 45" was the width...I thought...

I've cut this very pattern out of 3.5 yards of 45" fabric before; had to piece the front facing, but I made it.

You can see where this is headed, can't you?

I cut out the shirt back, back neck facing, pockets, sleeves and leg band, then moved the fabric to cut the rest...and found I was a good 3/4 yard short of having enough.

I was bumfuzzled...how could I have been so far wrong?

I measured the width; it was 42 inches wide. Not 45.

I tried and tried to get the rest of the pieces on there...but I had 3 big pieces left to cut and I just could not get them all on.

So, I folded it all up together and put it away. There's enough there for a nice blouse; I *can* recut the folded PJ back piece. And I'll like the blouse. But...I really had my heart set on charmeuse jammies.

Why on earth didn't I buy about 6 yards??? It was on sale...

Oh, well, maybe it'll happen again some day...

3 comments:

  1. Look at the bright side: silk really IS too hot for sleeping in - and a ruby red blouse will be appreciated by so many more people ;)

    Your red/black outfit for choir is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaagh, I *hate* it when that happens! I'm so sorry that happened to you, but ooooo, a ruby red silk charmeuse blouse sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)