Sunday, December 13, 2009

Choir Sundays '09 #46

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
The Choir's in Red and Black...

If I worked on it I could probably parody the whole song, but I think I'll leave it there for now. Anyway, it's The Layered Look today...and I'll declare, those reds looked a lot more matchy in the mirror than they do in the camera! Wonder how they looked under stage lights? Maybe I'm better off not knowing...

So, this is the black wool gab Loes Hinse Oxford pants again, this time with the red/black/silver wool/Lurex plaid crepe Silhouette Patterns' Robin's Jacket, worn over my black rayon/lycra matte jersey Simplicity 4076 surplice top (Hm...I just noticed I never updated that review for the surplice view...), worn over a red fine ribbed cotton knit Jalie 965 tank top.

I think we'll always wear red/black in December; I really should pull out my red wool crepe that's been in the stash for, like, forever and make something...

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love this outfit - the jacket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gee, thanks for putting that song in my head Lisa! :) Your jacket/outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. You're too funny. The red jacket is great, and you look good in red.

    Our choir directors asked the women in our choir wear "Christmas colors" and the men to wear red ties for our concerts this year. Almost every showed up in red and black. Well, wouldn't you know I chose to wear an emerald green dress?!? Way to look out of place! Especially since I sit right in the center of an 80 member choir! There were only two other "greens" besides me in the choir. Sigh. Maybe they'll just say red and black next year like your choir does and it will be easy!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)