Monday, September 07, 2009

Check the Queue

I did some pretty major cutting over the weekend; I managed to get 3 Jalie tank tops, a black rayon matte jersey Simp. 4076 wrap top (inspired by the Cold Water Creek perusal), the currently popular Vogue cardi-wrap from a soft and semi-sheer black jersey, a pair of wool-lycra blend Oxford pants and a linen Stars in Heaven tunic cut out for me, and a couple of knit tops cut out for The Flute Player. I expect to do some costume work for the drama magnet competition one-act, The Compleat Works of William Shakespear (Abridged (abridged)) and I've got to clear all of my sewing/cutting paraphernalia out of the sunroom for some repair work, so I wanted to have a few things cut and ready to sew when I can catch a few minutes. I hoped to get the muslin cut out for the Burda jacket, but I didn't get that far.

However, all of those are 4-hours or less projects, so I *think* I can get through them fairly quickly...even if it's just fifteen minutes at a time.

I just have to re-evaluate my personal conception of the meaning of 'quickly'.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, I just joined the Wardrobe Contest at PR - you need 10 pieces between now and Nov 30. I've no idea if I'll get anywhere near finished.

    You've got 7 cut out now, just for a few minutes here and there !!! PLUS a few for your daughter.

    Can't wait to see 'em :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great list to have at the ready! Enjoy it as you can.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)