Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sewing ahead...

My buddy The Embroidery Queen brought the mantles to me last night; the letters/numbers are GORGEOUS and I'm so happy to have that TAKEN CARE OF!!!!

I was able to return the unuseable appliques to the company from which I purchased them; I don't know if they'll give me all the money back or only a portion but at least I don't have to look at them anymore. I learned my lesson on that one!

So...my holiday weekend sewing will include finishing the mantles (I'm guessing I've got about 45 minutes - an hour's worth of work to do on each one yet; there are 6). Graduation is a week from Sunday (and will be broadcast live on the 'net, so, Yay! the Artist's grandparents can watch!); if I deliver them on Tuesday that will be plenty of time.

And, just because I am forever the optimist, I've got some turquoise cotton/lycra poplin laid out on the cutting table for my first go at the very popular New Look 6407. I'd like to wear it in choir on Sunday....

Well, we'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Pretty blouse, which view are you going to make ? Turquoise must be the color this summer, I'm seeing it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one w/the cap sleeves, although I may add the collar to the band. Jury's still out on that one! All I managed to do today was lay the fabric out...

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)