Friday, February 20, 2009

Hand Sewing Friday....


Well, for a photograph of a black garment, that's not too bad...

I'm not terribly happy with the way the lining is going in. I probably should've thought it all through better before hand, but since I was literally making it up as I went I guess a little rough edges are inevitable. I will finish off...probably with a machine zig-zag...the top edges of the vents; I'm thinking I'll sew them all together. I don' t know why I didn't finish those edges earlier; I think I was expecting them to be under the lining. As I said, I didn't think all the little particulars out ahead of time. Anyway, after everything's all closed up the vents will be topstitched across the top to hold them in place.

And I've got a bit of hand stitching to do on the lining seams above the vents; I had to release them a bit so that there was room for the coat to overlap.

But, mostly I'm going to be blind hemming a section of the coat, then going back and stitching the lining to it. I expect it will take all day.

But all that will be left for me after that is to pull out the Kenmore and make some faux buttonholes; Pastor N. is covering his buttons w/scraps and will sew those on himself. So I'm getting close....

No comments:

Post a Comment