For you, my loyal reader, as I have not much to report on the sewing front. Pastor Norm has recruited assistance, so I am taking the knee breeches and the pattern/remaining fabric for the vest to him tonight so he can pass them along to a friend of his who has said she could help (he needs these things next week). Meantime, I traced/altered the vest pattern, and the coat is cut out and all the fusible interfacing has been applied.
Ann asked about her readers' senior years, and, since I had just been tagged w/that meme on Facebook, I thought I'd copy it over here for this weeks randomness. So, if you're curious, here's stuff you wouldn't otherwise know about me...if you're not curious, toodle-oo and I'll see you when I've got something a little more sewing-related to report.... ;)
Remembering the Senior Year --
(As if you needed to know more about me than you already did...)
1. Did you date someone from your school? Um, I did.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? I most definitely did not!
3. Did you car pool to school? Had an hour ride on the bus morning and afternoon all 12 years.
4. What kind of car did you have? Me? A car? Not in high school!
5. What kind of car do you have now? According to our insurance, I'm the primary driver on the white momvan... er, minivan...
6. It's Friday night...where were you? (then) At home reading or sewing.
7. It is Friday night...where are you? (now) At home reading or sewing.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?I worked summers at the Lizton Dairy Bar. I made killer extra thick milkshakes that were so thick I would stick a straw and a spoon in them and give them to the customers upside down...never had one fall out of the cup.
9. What kind of job do you do now? Little bit of everything with no paycheck (ain't that the job description of a SAHM?), although the emphasis seems to be on taxi-driver these days.
10. Were you a party animal? That is SOOO funny...because I SOOO wasn't....
11. Were you considered a flirt? Not even.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band. Drum Major my senior year, in fact! I was also in choir in 9th & 10th grade, but they swapped up the scheduling my junior year so that it was very difficult to continue to do both. I was in drama, too, but did not get cast in a play my senior year (I could've cheerfully gone all day without remembering that detail).
13. Were you a nerd? Absolutely.
14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Nope. But I did get called to the Vice Principle's office once because a study hall teacher had mismarked the attendance list. I still don't know why I got chewed out over that one....
15. Can you sing the fight song? Maybe. I do remember all the words, but it's pretty high for this alto. I bet I could still play it on my clarinet if my embouchure was up to snuff...I also remember the parody version about beer and wood alcohol and drunk teachers...
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher? Tough question. Probably Mr Thompson, the principal and physics teacher, if I'm limited to my senior year.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? The banana table!!! (Only other Tri-West Bruins band geeks will get that)
18. What was your school's full name? Tri-West Hendricks High School
19. When did you graduate? 1977. Wow, that was a really long time ago...
20. What was your school mascot? B-B-B-R-U, I-I-I-N-S, B-R-U,I-N-S,Bruins, Bruins, Bruins! (so ended the fight song)
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Wow, that's a deep philosophical question. If I could go back and do it again, knowing what I know now, I would no doubt do many things differently, which might make me end up in a different place than I am now and so mess up the Now, which I wouldn't mess up for anything in the world. If I had to go back and do it again and be as dumb as I was then...um, no way do I want to live through the humiliating bits all over again...even though large parts of it were tons of fun. So I suppose the answer would be no. Not worth it. Once was enough for me.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? It was ok. All things considered, the Prom isn't anything more than just another fancy dance. Thank God it was really cheap back then.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Um, no.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Yeah, I'll go! I do enjoy seeing people again. The folks who still live round there work hard to make an event possible and I do appreciate the opportunity for all of us 'out of towners' to come in at the same time and visit a bit.
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Oh, there are a few that are still on the Christmas Card list....