Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not this Year

I received the brochure for the 2009 Sewing Expo in Atlanta yesterday and it grieves me somewhat to realize that it's just not going to work for me to go this year, as much as I want to.

My Sweet Baboo has an opportunity to do something really cool (it would take to long to explain; it's a metal working class in it's simplest term) out of state just a couple of weeks after the Expo and I'm not sure the budget could take two travel hits in such close succession.

But we've got some emergency repair work to do on the house. Some things that were done before we purchased the house were not done correctly and now must be corrected. The estimates coming in are, well, discouraging.

So, in the interest of being fiscally responsible, I can't make the Atlanta trip.

Y'all have fun, and enjoy La Madeleine's for me...hopefully, I'll see you next year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this... I attend the Sewing Expo in Tampa, FL each year and really love it... Hopefully this will just be a one year thing and you'll be back next year with bells on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad. I was just thinking yesterday that I might get to go this year. I sent you an email earlier today. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg! I imagine there will be a slew of folks I'd like to see that will be able to go this year....

    sigh.

    I got the email! That was a very encouraging article! Just haven't had a chance to reply yet!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaah! Last year I was hoping to run into you and missed you. I was hoping to meet you this year.I love making new sewing friends.Well,maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)