Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lining the Coat

I finished the shell of the coat early yesterday and got the lining put together and ready to go in.

So...all I have to do is sew in the lining, then add the braid 'buttonhole' trim to the jacket front and I'll be finished w/the machine sewing. The rest will be needle-and-thread stuff.

But I can charge ahead with the machine into the shirts....

I'll try to post a photo later today when everything's done but the handstitching, if I can get My Sweet Baboo to be a model for me ;).


*later that same day...*
I had to pin the lining up in the sleeves while it was worn, so My Sweet Baboo got pressed into use as a fit model ("I don't know how fit I am" he commented when I asked him to provide that service...). It's all done to the handwork at this point; I need to stitch down the lining and add buttons.

So I'm off to sit on the lovely front porch swing and enjoy the afternoon whilst I stitch away...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how fit I am - lol, guys can be so funny.
    The coat is looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)