Saturday, December 01, 2007

Love those sales...

Ok, I'm on a fabric moratorium...but that has no bearing on pattern purchases, as you've seen over the last few months! I still can't find quite all the hardware I need for the LaRue bags; I don't know if I'll get those done for this Christmas or not.

But I did look for them...at both the Hobby Lobby and the Hancock's on the other side of town. The Hancock's had completely remodeled since the last time I was there; I couldn't find much (it was a recent remodel; one of the clerks had some merchandise she was trying to put back in its place and she finally had to ask a co-worker where it went). But I did find the patterns; Vogues were on sale for 3.88 each, limit 5, so I picked up some that were on my ongoing list:


Vogue 8333; one of Claire Shaeffer's Couture patterns...it's a double-princess seamed jacket with an interesting little pocket-in-the-pleat detail. I'll blame that one on the overwhelming inspiration of everyone's fabulous jackets. ;)

Don't laugh...Vogue 1017. That one's been discussed on the boards, and, while the sample and illustration look like a hot mess, that shirt actually has some nice details, and I think it'll look cool once it's made without the front frou-frou.

Vogue 2882. The skirts are great, ok? And, you never know, I might get inspired to work hard and lose 25 pounds ...

Vintage Vogue 1019. I'm a sucker for anything from the 40's.

And, finally, a pattern for a Romona Coat (think of Tom Baker as Dr Who...)Vogue 1266. Oldest DD gave me a mile-long black and white mottled fringed scarf for Christmas about 5 years ago that's been waiting on a long princess seamed coat in red or royal blue or purple or grey or black so I could throw the scarf around my neck and be Romona...

And, Hobby Lobby had Simplicity patterns on sale for $1. Their stock is pretty thin; I almost think they just get the patterns when they're released and then don't restock them, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I got:
Simplicity 3557, which is reminiscent of a dress I had in the mid 90's that I loved. Those vertical lines...

Simplicity 4273. Should I do SWAP, this is a contender for the wardrobe pattern required. I'd have to add a lining to the jacket, though, and pockets to the skirt and pants, but it could be done.

AND, last night I tore the waterbed sheets down to size. I misremembered how much to order, so I had a chunk of extra fabric. I can get some NSS pants (i.e., sleep pants) for two out of what's left, since it's 108" wide. Maybe both DDs? Maybe a pair for me? Hmmmm.....

3 comments:

  1. Well, patterns are cheaper than fabric! I do love the vintage Vogue - the back view is gorgeous with that peplum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vogue 1017 does look very interesting, and Vogue 2882 is a great wardrobe pattern! I had never noticed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your Vogue picks. I trying to reframe from by addiction. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)