Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Beautiful Rattiness

And I forgot to take a photo of the whole vest once it was, more or less, finished. But you can get the idea here...





The fabric was very coarsely woven...almost like a large cross-stitch fabric. Large threads that didn't stay secured in the stitching. You can see, sort of, how it's raveled out from the photo of the side seam, and how I just mended by the seat of my pants on the shoulder and neckline. I don't know how visible all that will be from the stage, but it should be obviously less than pristine.

It'll work for a prisoner, a slave, or a beggar just fine.

I'm hauling in my cutting boards today...the chopping begins! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great fix to preserve the rattiness. Good thinking to keep this costume for some of the "unclean" characters.

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)