Friday, May 25, 2007

Not So Fast...

The Green Dress has been recalled.

I looked the original dress over well to verify just exactly which seam allowances I had let out a bit at the final fitting, and altered the pattern accordingly before I cut the green one out. But, as I was constructing the sleeves, something seemed small. Even on my arms, it seemed snug. I knew I'd used the same construction, though...same stretch velvet, same pattern...so I decided I must be imagining things and forged ahead.

Well, the sleeves were too small. After much head scratching, I decided that I must've stretched the sleeve as I applied the trim piece to the original dress...I don't *remember* doing that, but that's about all I can think of that could've varied.

So, the dress is back, the sleeves will be removed, the sleeve seam allowance reduced a bit and new trim (good thing I overestimated the amount of trim I'd need; I have plenty to re-do it) will be applied as the sleeve is stretched tautly. Then I'll put the sleeves back in.

Meanwhile, Must Sew Project 4 has been cut out, but it will have to wait until I get the green dress signed off... ;)

Hey, I have until Sunday morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment