Monday, September 18, 2006

Warm Fuzzy

Sunday morning, I put the next finished batch of costumes for the HMC students in DD’s car (they were returning from the Atlanta ministry trip sometime during the day), and last night I got a call on my cell phone. It was G., one of the HMC guys from Iceland. G. has been in HMC since the beginning 2 years ago, so he is in the 3rd year also; he was 16 when he first came (Icelanders graduate from high school at age 16), all by himself, so he’s kind of special to everyone. Apparently, HMC had gotten back into town and DD had handed out the costumes I left in her car. G. was just calling to thank me for making his costume. ‘It’s beautiful!’ he said, ‘Thank you so much!’ I was afraid I’d made it a little too long for him, so I asked him how it fit. ‘It fits perfect! It’s the best-fitting Bible costume I’ve ever put on. Thank you…I really appreciate it!’

I smiled the rest of the evening. It’s nice to be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's nice to be appreciated!!! You deserve the extra appreciative hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! It's not often we get appreciated or recognized for some of the things we do as a service to others. What a sweet guy!

    ReplyDelete

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)